How to Apply
1. Select the Topic of Your Interest
2. Submit documents
- Please submit your CV and motivation letter via Registration Form.
- Your application package will be forwarded to the relevant supervisor for preliminary revision.
- If the supervisor determines that you are a suitable candidate, you will be requested to submit a formal application in the Information System of Masaryk University.
- The materials should be submitted by 18 February 2022 at the latest to secure enough time for careful revision of your application and to maintain the highest professional standards of the selection process.
3. Submit the e-application
The online applications will be accepted from 1 December 2021 to 28 February 2022. Don´t apply without the approval of your potential supervisor!!!
- E-application for Life Sciences applicants (Although the language of instruction is stated Czech, it is taught in English) - don´t worry and apply here
- E-application for Molecular Medicine applicants (program Biomedical Sciences) - apply here.
For successful submission of the application you will need to attach the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest (specified form to be downloaded here)
- Copies of diplomas (BSc., MSc.) and diploma supplements/transcripts of records (if you have not finished your Master's education yet, you can submit just the relevant transcripts of records). An acknowledgement of the previous education is an essential condition for enrollment into doctoral study. More information about this process:
- Two recommendations (one of them has to be provided by the Master thesis supervisor/advisor) - you can use this form. If your referee uses this option, please upload to the e-application a blank pdf file stating that your referees have already filled in the form.
- English language certificate – optional, not compulsory
All documents must be in pdf format and in English.
Once the application is completed, an admission fee (in the amount set by the rules of the relevant faculty) must be paid.
CEITEC PhD School has a two-round application process.
Round 1: CV and Application Review
Only complete applications will be accepted and reviewed (on a scale of 1-50 points). Candidates who get at least 40 points will be selected for the next round and will be sent information about the date and place of the admission interview. A requirement for passing the first round is an interview with the supervisor!!!
Round 2: Interview
If you are selected for an admission interview, you need to reply within 3 days by e-mail and confirm your attendance. For candidates living abroad, personal attendance is not necessary - you can opt for participation in the form of a conference call (ZOOM...)
The admission committee will be composed of at least 3 members consisting of group leaders, senior researchers, and members of the Doctoral Board.
The interview with the PhD admission committee members will last approx. thirty minutes, it will be conducted in the English language, and it will cover the following topics, which will be evaluated on a scale of 1-10 points. Please, prepare a brief (max 10-minute) presentation covering the first three topics.
- Field of study and summary of your Master thesis (max 2 slides)
- Personal motivation to do research, research interest
- Career plans, the dissertation thesis project
- General knowledge in the field of study
- Other related activities, communication in English
The exam is successfully passed by candidates who get at least 85 points out of 100 (including points from the first round). However, passing this threshold does not guarantee admittance, as the number of positions is limited, and only candidates with the highest number of points will get the position. Additional assessment may be required if necessary. The expected number of accepted students for this call is 18.
The written notification of the final decision will be sent within 15 days after the session of the main admission committee of the faculty.
Czech and Slovak candidates receive the enrollment invitation by mid-July and should follow the instructions. Enrollment of international students is solved individually, as it is subject to an acknowledgement of the previous education (the acknowledgement is compulsory for enrollment to study, not for the admission process) and in many cases also visa application.
The studies commence with the autumn 2022 semester. See MU academic calendar – Faculty of Science - students in the Life Sciences program, Faculty of Medicine - students in Molecular Medicine.