Life in Brno
Brno is a student's city with multiple universities and about 20% of inhabitants comprised of university students.
- EU, Schengen, NATO and OECD member
- #4 most popular city for students according to topuniversities.com with quality of education and social life being most appeciated in the poll
- life costs rank among the lowest in the EU
- #1 best city for expat support according to financial times
- #6 safest country according to whitepaper on the future of europe
- Workplace of Mendel
- 15 000+ foreign students
- curently famous for its bar and coffee culture
photo source: Statutory City of Brno, photo: Pavel Gabzdyl
The city of Brno operates a cultural and information centre at Radnická 8, in the building of the Old Town Hall. It has a wide selection of maps, brochures and other information on Brno and the surrounding region, and also acts as a ticket agency, selling tickets for a number of cultural events.