Fields of study
''Life for Science. Science for Life.''
CEITEC PhD School
offers the following doctoral programs:
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- Independently and creatively plan and implement scientific and research activities and master methodologies and models in the field of life sciences or molecular medicine.
- Write and prepare for publication a critical scientific text in the form of professional articles in the above-mentioned scientific fields.
- Present and defend the results of their own research at an international scientific forum.
- Understand and be able to use wider professional and theoretical knowledge in the above-mentioned scientific fields.
- Know about and critically evaluate the latest knowledge and scientific development, not only in the above-mentioned field but in general in the field of scientific research activities.
- Understand and manage fluent professional communication in English.
- Use the experience gained from international cooperation.
- Pass on knowledge and experience through their pedagogical experience.
- Make use of the soft skills gained during the study, see the soft-skills courses offered and other workshops planned within individual professional development.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
In the doctoral programme, great emphasis is placed on internationalization, there are also conditions for interdisciplinary solutions to the assigned topics of the dissertation, and the emphasis is placed on strengthening socio-managerial and soft skills. This increases the real chances of graduates to apply to top scientific and technological, academic and commercial teams around the world, such as in research organizations and academic institutions (research institutes, universities) focusing on biological and biomedical research and education, in the first years as the postdoctoral trainees and subsequently as the leaders of a research team or programme, the heads of shared laboratories (so-called facilities), etc., or at lecturer positions.
For Advanced Materials and Nanosciences program, visit our website amn-phd.ceitec.cz